Our Performance Track is the traditional dance education program on which Opus II Dance Studio & Ashland Regional Ballet was founded in 1982. Students attend classes through-out the school year culminating with a performance in the Annual Spring Dance Concert in May.
Performing Track students need only to have the desire to dance to their best ability, and to perform on stage in order to participate. There is no audition requirement and no special skills are needed to enter dance classes.
For up-to-date CLASS SCHEDULE & TUITION information click here.
Ballet Technique is the basis of our Performing Track curriculum. It develops strength, line, center, flexibility, coordination, and a good academic knowledge of dance. Performing Track students are required to study ballet unless special permission is granted.
- Ballet Preparation – 1st and 2nd grade – once a week – a gentle preparation for ballet class and theatrical performance
- Ballet 1 – minimum age 3rd grade – once a week
- Ballet 2 – twice a week (Ballet 1 pre-requisite)
- Intermediate Ballet Levels – 3 times a week (Ballet 2 pre-requisite)
- Advanced Ballet Levels – 3 times a week, plus eligibility to audition for Ashland Regional Ballet (Intermediate Ballet pre-requisite)
Tap (our rhythm study) and Modern and Jazz (contemporary styles), are introduced at the appropriate levels. Performing Track students are encouraged to participate in these extra studies. They offer cross-training which enhances physical development and develops versatility.
- Open Ballet Class (Saturday – extra study – Intermediate and advanced levels
- Pointe – A minimum of three ballet classes per week in addition to pointe class is required. Students must be approved for the class by director.
- Tap – minimum age 3rd grade – must be enrolled in ballet class unless special permission is granted.
- Modern Dance – minimum age 5th grade – adding another dimension to movement vocabulary. For dancers with a working knowledge of ballet technique – director’s approval required.
- Jazz – minimum age 6th grade – students must have a working knowledge of ballet technique – director’s approval required.
Adults welcome in ANY class. There may be additional opportunities for adults to participate in Recreational Classes as interest is shown.
For class schedule & tuition information click here.